TI's Research Master program is a selective program for students who have the ambition of pursuing a PhD in Economics, Econometrics or Finance at one of the economics and business faculties affiliated with the Tinbergen Institute. A maximum of 35 students enrol each year. Students are selected by TI’s Admission Board.
How to apply
Before starting the application procedure, please check the admission requirements.
To apply, create an account in the online application system, fill out the application form, provide two names and email addresses of recommenders, upload your admission material and pay the application fee.
- Priority deadline: February 1, 2020
- Rolling admissions for non-EEA nationals until April 1, 2020
- Rolling admissions for EEA nationals until May 1, 2020 (or earlier if full capacity has been reached)
A note for students who are already studying in the Netherlands and who wish to apply after the May 1 deadline: please contact the TI Admissions Office.
The application fee is $ 50 (non-refundable). Payment is by credit card only. Applicants from countries on the OECD DAC list pay a reduced application fee ($ 10, non-refundable).
Applicants holding a Dutch degree are exempted from paying an application fee.
- Start your online application early to give your recommenders time to upload their letters before the admission deadline.
- All documents, including recommendation letters, must be received by midnight (Central European Time) on the day of the deadline.
- Incomplete files will not be considered.
All complete files will be reviewed after the deadline. You can expect to hear from TI within eight weeks of the respective application deadline.
Admission is always conditional upon the TI Admissions Office receiving original or certified versions of diplomas and test results.